A six-month or year-long leadership and professional development opportunity for immigrant students and aspiring professionals (ages 18+) who seek to be social justice change-makers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Fellows are paired with local immigrant-serving community organizations and gain hands-on experience in direct services, advocacy, and immigration law careers, all while growing a network of mentors.
UndocuFund is looking for an experienced fundraiser who is passionate about serving the immigrant community and has experience working on immigration-related fundraising projects. Ideally, we’d like to find a short-term contractor, but there also exists the opportunity for a full-time hire. The ideal candidate would be someone who has fundraising experience handling major donations and experience working outside of foundation contexts. If you know someone with this type of fundraising experience, please send their names our way!
Mayor Breed’s Bridge to Excellence Scholars Program
The Mayor’s Office is seeking the most economically disadvantaged students who have excelled in their studies throughout high school, despite their financial conditions. More info and online application at
The EXCEL program (formerly the Community Outreach Internship Program) is a clerical/administrative training program which aims to develop the potential workforce in UCSF’s surrounding communities and provide San Francisco residents with access to UCSF employment opportunities.
The program is a work-based learning program that uses both classroom and on-the-job training to prepare participants for career path jobs in the healthcare sector. After completing 10 weeks of computer, administrative, customer service, and medical terminology training at JVS, UCSF’s community-based training partner, participants are placed in paid, four-month clerical/administrative internships within UCSF’s various departments, throughout both the campus and medical center.
EXCEL is a collaborative effort between UCSF’s Interim Staffing Program, UCSF’s Office of Community and Government Relations and various UCSF Campus and UCSF Medical Center departments.
For more information about the EXCEL please contact Damon Lew, Assistant Director of Community Relations at email@example.com.
Interested in helping lead the COVID fight by providing early intervention, testing, and education to a typically underserved population?
We are looking for an experienced RN to take charge of our primary care-centered COVID-19 testing site located on the grounds of our Shotwell Street clinic. This grant-funded position will last through at least June 2021.
Case Managers $22-$24/hour full-time with benefits for 10+ months Immediately hiring! Must be a California resident. Start date is Thursday, March 11, 2021. Seeking highly productive, empathic, mission-driven team members who want to help moderate and low-income Californians adversely impacted by COVID-19 to address past due rent and utility expenses that can now be paid with federal resources. Technical training will be provided. Applications processed on a rolling basis; positions start immediately.
Submit required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
his Peer Counselor role in the Street Crisis Response Team is to provide peer support & compassionate care to the individual identified in need of a crisis response. The Peer Counselor may utilize applicable lived experience and other skills to establish trust, ensure safety and reduce trauma that clients experience
This position will carry out Calle 24’s marketing strategy, activities, and communications for the Calle 24 Latino Cultural District.
All responsibilities include bilingual delivery, either developing bilingual content or managing translation:
● Promote corridor activities and events using a variety of methods including but not limited to social media, email newsletters, paid advertisements, printed media, radio and video.
● Conduct activities to expand online presence in a cohesive way for the Latino Cultural District including website, social media, interviews, web presence of individual businesses and institutions etc.
● Create a press kit and timely press releases.
● Social media community development. Nurture and grow our existing social media platforms, and initiate new ones as the landscape changes.
● Moderate and respond to relevant posts, contact messages as needed.
● Manage website updates, including page updates, photos, and content.
● Manage user generated website events calendar.
● Lead development of monthly internal marketing calendar and content plan. ● Write and/or produce regular content.
● Lead print production and delivery.
● Develop and manage Marketing budget.
● Oversee work of independent contractors, such as web developers, graphic designers, photographers, videographers.
● Meet monthly reporting deliverables
● Participate in monthly committee meetings: Land Use, Economic Vitality, Cultural Assets & Arts, Quality of Life.
● Participate in meetings related to ongoing events in the cultural district, which include but are not limited to: Paseo Artistico, Dia de los Muertos, Cesar Chavez Day, and Carnaval San Francisco.
● Will be required to attend some weekend/evening events, meetings, awards ceremonies, etc.
● Be able to read write and speak Spanish and English fluently and to edit bilingually ● Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
● Strong writing, communication and narrative skills